Monday 1 June 2009

The Church in Wales

Yesterday I attended the installation of Peggy Jackson (my cousin) as Archdeacon of Llandaff.

I was struck by how confident Barry Morgan was in preaching a liberal gospel, saying of Biblical literalism that there is far too much of that nonsense about. Something which I could believe that Rowan Williams thought - but have not heard of him saying since he became Archbishop.

In addition we had incense - no great surprise you might say - but this was Choral Evensong!

This has set me thinking - I am usually against polarisation and want to embrace and synthesise all views - much as I thought that Timothy Radcliffe was advocating (see below). However, it can lead to a lack of clarity, which in turn makes progress difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails