Monday 25 January 2010

Personality Type and Blogging

 V 
I was discussing blogging with a friend, and it was suggested to me that my blog is different from my radio show (sounds impressive - just a one off 1 hour show on Radio Africa, an RSL radio station, this year - it can still be heard here if you want to see for yourself - Reverend Alan - third one on the list).

We got into a discussion about whether this was about personality types.  In Myers Briggs terms I am an ENFJ (for what that is worth, over the past 10 years I have been an INTP, INFP, ENFP as well!  There is then a debate about whether your MBTI stays the same over time or whether it can change - from personal experience I lean to the fact that it stays the same - but our perception of it can change.  As I stripped away the masks that I had built I discovered who I had always been).  If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will see the following:
Dominant: Extraverted Feeling
Auxiliary: Introverted Intuition
Tertiary: Extraverted Sensing
Inferior: Introverted Thinking
What we wondered was whether blogging is an Introverted activity, and hence my Intuition and Thinking come into play, whereas radio is an Extraverted activity and hence the Feeling and Sensing come out more.  This is certainly not a scientific theory, more a feeling (so that self destructs then - blogging as a Feeling activity J).


The other approach we took was to think about whether it somehow corresponded with Simon Walkers description of Front Stage and Back stage, although as this is more about what we do and don't display that perhaps doesn't work.

The question this leaves me with is whether other bloggers find that they are unintentionally different on their blog and in other activities (which I am not trying to be - or even trying not to be!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails