Friday 21 May 2010

Twitter

I have been holding out for a while now, but yesterday finally signed up for Twitter.  revdalan is me if there are others of you out there who want to follow my jottings.

Already I have added Tweetdeck for my laptop and TinyTwitter for my phone - though without an unlimited data option I have left it on manual updating!

The question that I have is how will I manage the additional stream of information coming my way?  And I don't know the answer to that!   Yet.

The other question is how I will handle the visibility.  I try to control too much (even though I know I can't!) and I think Twitter will help me learn to deal with that.  After all, if I am broadcasting my thoughts to the world (as I suppose I do on this blog) I am letting go of control, and somehow with Twitter it seems more so than blogging - not sure why.

What experiences do others have in this space?

1 comment:

  1. Welocme to the dark side, Brother. It's all in the hashtags - pick one and follow (then the stuff sent to you directly or from those you follow have their own place)

    eg - EDL visit saw me fix on #EDL - and watched the tweet stream unfold before me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails