Sunday 21 March 2010

Blogging and Personality

I have analysed my blog using Typealyser (h/t SueM) and it says that it is ISTP - the mechanic:
The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment and are highly skilled at seeing and fixing what needs to be fixed. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.
Now that is all  very well, but in real life I am ENFJ and I hate risk (thoughts for a later blog come to mind!)  I have already written about how blogging perhaps brings out a different side and this provides further evidence.

When I first saw my result I was surprised at it and looked into the analysis and discovered that a good part of the text analysed came from my blogroll - so immediately thought that it was those "others" who were giving the rogue result - but I changed the source to exclude those and it still gave the same answer L

3 comments:

  1. I got a similar result, Alan! ( http://bishopalan.blogspot.com/2008/12/become-instant-myers-briggs-bore.html ). It's our shadow sides out to get us, perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry - we love you whether or not you are risk averse:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sue :). I've posted more on risk today!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails